BackBack to News list

What are your plans?

23 March 2023

AUTHOR:Nick Hall (Pukekohe)

Significant weather events in recent times highlight the need to plan at local, regional and national levels. However it also highlights the effects on intensification on the country’s infrastructure, and demonstrates the dependence we have on that infrastructure. Whether it be roading, stormwater, or communications. 

On a local level, Council planning documents control how we use our properties. Resource consent applications for land-use and subdivision activities are key Planning Services that we provide. In addition, we provide planning advocacy and consultation services for district plan reviews, growth strategies, and private and public plan changes.

 Understanding these Planning and Development rules and regulations is essential when it comes to land development and land use of your site. When can our planning team assist you?

- If you are considering a subdivision

- If you proposing to use your land in a manner that is not permitted without consent by the local Council

- If you require advice or information on the Council plan and what the rules mean

- If you are affected by a change to the Council plan and need guidance or representation

- If you are proposing to seek a change to the zoning of your land

Understanding the rules of the Council plan or the Resource management Act can be difficult. If you need assistance, don’t hesitate to give our team a call. We have staff in Auckland, Pukekohe, Tairua, Tauranga and Hamilton.